At KEYS, we believe that local neighbourhoods offer opportunities for knowledge and social experiences through meaningful paid and unpaid work. Our community business partners are the “keys” to the successful inclusion of people with intellectual disabilities. By continuously establishing and maintaining strong ties with the local business community, opportunities are created for volunteer work, employment, and social recreation for our participants.
Our past and present community partners offering volunteer work opportunities include:
- Articulations 2928 Dundas St. W.
- Dressers 307 Roncesvalles Ave.
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore 7 Queen Elizabeth Blvd.
- The Hair Lounge 2940 Dundas St. W.
- Lucy McCormick School 2717 Dundas St. W.
- Ontario Early Years 2918 Dundas St. W.
- Pandemonium 2920 Dundas St. W.
- Pollocks Home Hardware 341 Roncesvalles Ave.
- Smock cafe and wonder workshop 287 Roncesvalles Ave.
- Wise Daughters 3079B Dundas St. W.
KEYS is also fortunate to have many community partners who share their time and expertise with our participants in various ways. We thank:
- Kathy Flagler
- Amanda Salzberger
- Joanna Tanner
- Afrim Pristine from the Cheese boutique
- Dental Hygenius Natalie Emory
- EmpowerMe Dance
- Toronto and Parkdale Horticultural Society
- Toronto Regional Conservation Authority
- Vita Community Services
If you would like to become a partner of KEYS and provide volunteer or paid work opportunities for our participants, please contact us