How to Help
West Toronto KEYS to INclusion is very fortunate to have the support of many donors!
Every adult needs a daily destination to connect with people, contribute, learn and participate in their own community. West Toronto KEYS to Inclusion believes that ongoing Knowledge and learning, real life Experience in employment and volunteer opportunities, and social and recreational inclusion for adults who have an intellectual disability are the KEYS to vibrant and Successful communities.
You can show your support for KEYS by donating online or by cheque. Both of these options will deliver an income tax receipt to you:
1. Canada Helps: click HERE or on the Donate Now button at the top of this page.
2. Cheque made out to:
West Toronto KEYS to INclusion
179 Geoffrey Street
Toronto M6R 1P6
By making a donation to West Toronto KEYS, you are supporting the practical implementation of our vision of full and active community participation for adults with an intellectual disability in west Toronto. This means that your dollars go directly to any of:
- paying a Lunch ’n Learn staff to teach healthy eating and cooking
- paying job coaches to train folks in various retail operations
- paying for community recreational fees / instructors
Your commitment and support helps individuals and their families live a meaningful life in their community. Thank you so much!
|Your contribution of||Will help KEYS fund:|
|200.00 +||1 weekend workshop on topics such as Health ‘n Hygiene; Helpful Hints for Job Success; Safety on the Street etc.|
|100.00||1 Job Coach for 1 month for 1 Community Contributor|
|75.00||1 week of groceries for Lunch ‘n Learn|
|50.00||1 Lunch ‘n Learn session for 1 participant|
|25.00||Art supplies for 1 session|
|Any Other amount||Will help to sustain future projects and educational needs at KEYS to open more doors and opportunities.Our heartfelt thanks|
West Toronto KEYS to INclusion is a registered Canadian charity # 80687 5894 RR0001
KEYS would like to acknowledge the contribution of our volunteers who provide much valued support to our participants and staff.
KEYS counts on our volunteers to help support our Lunch and Learn program. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us by emailing this form, or by calling 1 (416) 536-5202. West Toronto KEYS requires a vulnerable persons police reference check for volunteers.
Become a business partner:
For local establishments, KEYS is one of your links to enhancing your community involvement work. KEYS can help you with our resources to help your business for a win / win for all.
The “Community Business Partner” agrees to:
- Provide a paid/unpaid job for a KEYS participant and their job coach
- Include a weekly 2 hours or more job for Participants
- Provide the participant and their Job Coach initial training and on-going feedback during the first three months.
- Define Job Coach roles as required to support the business.
The KEYS Participant agrees to demonstrate:
- Professionalism and respect for all community members
- Commitment to employer and community
- Communication as related to job responsibilities
- Responsibility for the task and striving for more responsibility
Role of the Job Coach
KEYS recognizes that no two people are the same in terms of their goals, abilities and support needs. As such, “Job Coaches” provide participants the individualized support they need in order to successfully perform their jobs.
Job Coaches strive to provide a win / win for both the participant and the establishment so they:
- assess the need to adapt the job description (if required) to ensure success for both the establishment and the participant
- help with communications between the participant and the employer ;
- travel with the participant from KEYS to and from their workplace setting;
- work one-on-one with participant to teach job responsibilities;
- set the goal with the participant to be as independent as possible in the job;
- ensure that the participant completes their task(s) effectively;
- respect and treat all with dignity at all times
- use his/her interpersonal skills to handle all work related situations to ensure professionalism all around
- manage regular feedback sessions with both the participant and his/her supervisor to review progress and to ensure job requirements are met.
- review progress regularly and report on job fit.
If you or your organization would like to become a community business partner by offering a volunteer work experience to a KEYS participant, please contact us here: